The Carlos Brown Golf Team
Director Of Instruction
Carlos is one of the top teaching professionals in the USA. Carlos has been teaching for 15 years. One of his greatest assets is the ability to see every part of the golf swing. He has worked and studied with some of the best teaching professionals in the USA.
Carlos was one of three Golf Digest ranked teaching pros to teach at the exclusive Golf Digest Green Tie Gala along with Randy Smith and his mentor Pat O’Brien. He also works with golf pros, tour players, top junior, college and amateur players. In his 15 years of teaching, he has help over 70 junior golfers receive college scholarships and has helped numerous golf professionals pass their playing ability test for the PGA.
Carlos is the Director of Instruction at Hackberry Creek Country Club and the Carlos Brown Golf Academy (CBGA). CBGA is a multifaceted golf instructional academy.Read My golf digest articles
Highlights Of Qualifications
- Named by Golf Digest (2010 – 2019) one of the top 40 best instructors under the age of 40 in America
- 2-time (2016 & 2017) FCG Tour top 25 elite junior golf instructors in the USA
- FCG Master Elite Junior Instructor in America
- Named Teacher of the Year by the African American Golfer’s Digest
- Made the Avid Golfer Magazine’s top 29 Teachers in North Texas list
- 3-time nominee by Golf Digest for the Greatest Teachers in America Award
- For 9 years, was one of the 5 elite teaching tour staff members for Adams Golf
- 2-year staff professional for Nike Golf
- Callaway Golf staff team (current)
- Nike Golf Apparel Swoosh staff
- Member of the Callaway national junior board staff
- Former USA National Junior Team Coach
- FCG Junior Tour Tournament Director for Texas
- Millennials To Watch Award Winner
- Instructional editor for Women’s Golf.com, Golf School.com, Tempo in Motion and Golf Infuzion magazine
- Written multiple instructional articles for Golf Digest
- Part of the Proponent Group
- 2018 GRAA Top 50 Growth Of The Game Teaching Professional
Mike Boyko – T.I.M.
Chief Tempo Officer
Mike has a lifelong passion for rhythm, music and sports. A professional drummer for the last 20 years, Mike has performed around the world with A-list groups of the music industry. Some highlights include drumming for heavy metal band Ludichrist/Scatterbrain and UK pop-rock band FAT, which toured with Smashmouth, Third Eye Blind and Sugar Ray. Most recently Mike played with hip-hop rock band 2 Skinnee J’s, which opened for Outkast, Ludacris, Jurassic 5, Incubus and 311. Also an avid and competitive athlete in golf, ice hockey and a myriad of other sports, Mike couldn’t help but translate his percussion background and knowledge of rhythm to athletic performance. With the consultation of golf professionals across the country, Mike applied his idea of utilizing beats and music to practice proper swing tempo. He composed and recorded the proprietary music tracks that comprise the Tempo in Motion system and then opened up Tempo in Motion as a platform for signed and unsigned musicians to share their music with a broader audience.
Road 2 College Golf
Brandi Jackson Golf is a female based college recruiting consulting company that focuses on educating, advising, and mentoring girls to find their right college golf fit. Through an online course, consultations, evaluations, and full-time programs, the families have options that fit their needs and expectations in order to best tackle this process. Brandi has developed extensive connections and relationships with the women’s college coaches across the country and she shares that insight through her Tap In To College Golf podcast on iTunes.
Integrity, pride (Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence), perseverance, creativity, these are some of the traits that every instructor wants to see when working with any student. The same qualities are also what you see in a great company. Callaway golf has been and continues to be the standard when it comes to equipment. However, one thing that is often overlooked is their passion and love for growing the game. Whether it’s through junior golfers, the average golfer, amateurs or professional tour players, for over 35 years Callaway has been there and that’s why I’m proud to have them on our team at the Carlos Brown Golf Academy. Callaway golf has played a major role in the growth of the CBGA and continues to be instrumental in providing our players with state of the art equipment and accessories but most of all they provide us with their constant, generous support . One of Callaway’s slogan is “putting the joy of golf in your hands.” The CBGA will continue to partner with great companies that bring more “Joy” to our games and lives.