The Carlos Brown Golf Team
Director Of Instruction
Carlos is one of the top teaching professionals in the USA. At only 40 Carlos has been teaching for 17 years. Besides the many achievements and awards Carlos has earned over the last 17 years from his teaching style and student results, one of his greatest assets is his ability to connect with his students. This connection helps students of all ages and abilities to blend the physical aspect of playing golf with the mental characteristics needed to play at higher levels. This combination has enabled his students to achieve great results in tournament play and individual amateur breakthroughs.
Carlos has worked and studied with some of the best teaching professionals in the USA and has been recognized in numerous publications and by industry professionals.Read My golf digest articles
Highlights Of Qualifications
- Golf Digest, Top 40 Best Teachers Under 40 in US (2010 – 2019)
- Golf Digest Best Teachers in State 2020-21
- Avid Golfer, Top 29 Best Teachers in Metroplex (2010 – 2011)
- Golf Digest, Greatest Teacher in US Nominee (2011, 2013, 2015)
- FCG Tour, Top 25 Elite Junior Instructor in US Award (2016 – 2017) (17-18)
- FCG, Top 50 Master Elite Junior Instructor (2018)
- GRAA Magazine, Top 50 Growth of the Game Instructor in US (2018)
- African American Golfer’s Digest
- 77 collegiate scholarship players in 17 years through his program
- Proponent Group Member (current)
- Callaway Master Staff Professional
- Callaway National Junior Board
- Callaway Adaptive Team Member
- Nike Golf Elite Staffer
- Scottish Rite Hospital, Tee Up for Teachers Certification. Train other golf professionals to teach amputees and children with disabilities
- Mental Training Inc, Certified in mental training
- Tempo In Motion Rhythm, Teaching Instructor
- US National Junior Team Coach
Golf Publication Articles
Videos and News Stories
KINESIOLOGIST, CES, TPI L1, FRCms
Former D1 collegiate golfer with a Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology Wellness Management and minor in psychology. A history with a career changing injury wielded my path to pursue and rediscover the power of movement and its life changing capabilities.
As a Golf Fitness and Movement Specialist, it is my responsibility to assess, analyze, educate, coach and train every elite golfer and golf enthusiast alike so you become your own definition of success. With a background in TPI, FRC and CES, my approach is: prepare, not repair – build strength through movement.
Integrity, pride (Personal Responsibility In Delivering Excellence), perseverance, creativity, these are some of the traits that every instructor wants to see when working with any student. The same qualities are also what you see in a great company. Callaway golf has been and continues to be the standard when it comes to equipment. However, one thing that is often overlooked is their passion and love for growing the game. Whether it’s through junior golfers, the average golfer, amateurs or professional tour players, for over 35 years Callaway has been there and that’s why I’m proud to have them on our team at the Carlos Brown Golf Academy. Callaway golf has played a major role in the growth of the CBGA and continues to be instrumental in providing our players with state of the art equipment and accessories but most of all they provide us with their constant, generous support . One of Callaway’s slogan is “putting the joy of golf in your hands.” The CBGA will continue to partner with great companies that bring more “Joy” to our games and lives.